Hand tool enthusiast James Wright (Wood By Wright on YouTube) has put together a great little contest called Tool Make 2017. I love this idea – document the process of building a hand tool, give it away to someone who’s getting started in hand tool woodworking, and become eligible to win one of these great prizes:
- Blackburn Tools 36″ Roubo frame saw kit
- Set of Two Cherries carving tools
- HNT Gordon & Co 3/4″ shoulder plane
- Katz-Moses dovetail guide
- Wood By Wright will be giving away a hand router
Everybody wins – you as a maker build your skills (and could win a great prize), the hand tool making community learns more about making tools, and new hand tool workers get some encouragement and real support.
Better hurry, though – this contest is over at the end of June. Further details can be found in this YouTube video from Wood by Wright.